I have a script that runs every 45 minutes on a cronjob, which syncs four things:
My local ‘vdir’ folders, which is managed by ‘vdirsyncer’
My ‘Mates’ index, for contacts from the vdir folder.
My BBDB contacts file, via a custom elisp wrapper function I wrote. This uses
emacs -batch, as described below.
My Org mode calendars / todo files, with org-caldav. Again, via
After a while, it became apparent to me that this script was hanging, at some point during execution.
I ran the script interactively, and it appears that some ‘feature’
causes the org-caldav sync process to stall when it comes to save
files - a la, the
I did research into it, and found that it was more than likely a problem with the GNU Emacs file-saving core functions - which I didn’t think needed to be fixed.
So, as part of my dirtest hack yet , I decided to merely do something along the lines of this:
yes | emacs --batch --load ~/.emacs.d/init.el --eval
This hack works a treat! Of course, it’s not a real solution, and I am mildly ashamed of it..